Matt James is our next Bachelor, and Bachelor Nation couldn’t be more excited. Drink along with Matt on his journey to find love with this Bachelor drinking game!
FIrst, Who is Matt James?
According to ABC, Matt James is a “real estate broker, entrepreneur, and community organization founder.”
The 28 year old helps run a non-profit called ABC Food Tours. This organization takes underprivileged kids to eat a local restaurants. He got the idea from his college days playing football at Wake Forest, where the athletic department would occasionally bring kids from the community to eat with the athletes. Matt, along with is friend Tyler Cameron (who was on a previous season of the Bachelorette) decided to take this idea to the real world.
This organization has already gotten a huge boost due to Tyler and Matt’s popularity, and we’re sure it’ll only raise more money as this season of the Bachelor airs! It’s refreshing to see someone use their Bachelor nation fame to do good things.
Where Did Matt James Come From?
What’s unique about Matt James as the Bachelor is that he hasn’t been on any previous Bachelor franchise shows. Often, the new Bachelor is a fan-favorite from the previous Bachelorette season who didn’t end up finding love.
James, however, was slated to be a contestant on season 16 of the Bachelorette (Clare-Crawley-turned-Tayshia- Adam’s season). Filming was delayed due to the coronavirus, and as Karey Burke, president of ABC, said, “we were given the benefit of time to get to know Matt and all agreed he would make a perfect Bachelor.” Thus he was plucked from the Bachelorette and made to be the newest Bachelor.
Who Will Win The Bachelor?
Take this poll to let us know your thoughts! If you need to place a face to a name, here is a list of all the contestants. We’ll update this poll as people are sent home.
The Bachelor Drinking Game Rules
The first rule involves picking the winner. Choose the top 5 people you think might win, along with an ultimate winner. If at any point throughout the season one of your top 5 is eliminated, finish your drink. If your #1 choice leaves, take a shot! Also, take our poll above to let us know who you think will win!
Drink 1 sip any time…
- Matt kisses someone
- Someone cuts into a conversation Matt’s having with someone else (extra sip if the other woman looks pissed)
- One of the women cries
- One of the women mentions wanting a rose
- Someone says they’re “here for love”
- Someone says they’re developing “feelings”
- Chris calls an episode or the season “dramatic”
- Matt doesn’t understand how part of the Bachelor process works
Drink 2 sips any time…
- Matt cries
- Someone says they’re falling in love
- Someone gets a lil tipsy on the unlimited alcohol
- One of the women trash talks or throws another under the bus
- Someone accuses someone else of not being there “for the right reasons”
Finish your drink if…
- A contestant voluntarily leaves the show
- An ambulance shows up
- There’s a physical fight
A fun optional rule:
- During each rose ceremony, chug your drink during the time it takes from Chris saying “final rose” to Matt naming the final rose recipient. We all know how they like to drag out that moment!
NOTE: We’ll know more about Matt and the contestants as time goes on, so check back for updated Bachelor drinking game rules each week!