Grace and Frankie, Netflix’s longest-running series to date, reunites lifelong friends Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin for a wacky and heartwarming buddy comedy with a stellar supporting ensemble to boot.
If you’d like to see the origin of Fonda’s and Tomlin’s on-screen friendship, check out 1980’s 9 to 5 starring the dynamic duo and Dolly Parton. Not just a killer song!
After “working 9 to 5,” take a page out of Grace’s drinking playbook with a Watermelon Vodka Cocktail and get ready for this Grace and Frankie drinking game!
Watermelon Vodka Cocktail
- 2 ounces vodka, chilled
- 2 cups watermelon, cut into cubes
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 teaspoon simple syrup (or any other sweetener)
- Garnish: fresh mint, lime wedge, small watermelon slice (optional)
Using a blender, puree the watermelon cubes. Add the vodka, lime juice, and sweetener (if desired). Combine until velvety smooth. Add to your favorite glass; garnish as desired.
Grace and Frankie Drinking Game Rules
Drink any time…
- Grace leaves an uncomfortable situation to get a drink
- Frankie references Del Taco
- Sol’s empathy annoys the people around him
- Robert bursts into show tunes
- Mallory stands up for herself
- Coyote’s attempts to soothe a situation make it worse
- Bud realizes in the moment how weird an aspect of his childhood was
- Brianna visibly hesitates before doing something nice for someone
Finish your drink when…
- Frankie and Brianna smoke weed together
- Grace and Frankie share a heartfelt moment that makes you shed a metaphorical (or real) tear
As always, know your limits and drink responsibly! Be sure to check out the rest of our TV show drinking games here.