Fry, an unambitious pizza delivery boy, accidently gets cryogenically frozen on New Year’s Eve 1999. He wakes up a thousand years later not recognizing anyone or anything, but stumbles into a job not too different from his old one. Here he befriends a one-eyed mutant space captain, a churlish robot, a senile mad scientist who happens to be his own descendent, a Jamaican bureaucrat, a PhD student from Mars, and a lobster doctor. And somehow, he finds that he fits in much better with this futuristic motley crew than he ever did in his own time period!
This animated cult classic’s hilarity, well-aimed references, and subtle brilliance have captivated audiences for over 20 years. It’s a rare show that remains just as fantastic in its last episodes as it was in its early ones. It’ll make you laugh, it’ll make you cry (nobody mention Seymour, okay?), but most importantly, we’re here to make you drink! Below is a fun Futurama drink recommendation as well as rules for a Futurama drinking game.
Futurama Drink Pairing: Our Alcoholic Slurm Drink Recipe
If you’ve watched Futurama, you’re probably familiar with Fry’s favorite soda, Slurm. You may also have seen the episode that explains where Slurm comes from, but if you haven’t, we won’t spoil it for you. Just know that the way we suggest making it is a tad more appetizing that the way it’s actually made. The Slurm in Futurama is regular ol’ non-alcoholic soda, but there’s no reason you can’t spice it up a bit. For an authentic looking Futurama soda, we suggest:
- 1.5 oz vodka
- 1 oz melon or apple liqueur
- 1 oz sweet and sour mix
- Top it off with ginger ale or club soda
If you want to get really authentic, you can print off a homemade Slurm label from this website. And of course, feel free to sub in whatever your favorite alcohol or clear mixer happens to be.
Futurama Drinking Game Rules
- Farnsworth says “Good news, everybody!” or some variation of it
- Someone makes fun of Zoidberg
- Bender says “Bite my shiny metal ass”
- Leela fights someone (extra sip for each “hiii-yah!”)
- Bender wants to kill all humans
- Hermes says something Jamaican
- Amy uses futuristic slang (eg: “spleesh!”)
- Fry makes a reference to his past
- Zapp mispronounces a word
- Kiff sighs
- A reference to another movie or show is made
- Calculon is overly dramatic
- The Planet Express is destroyed
- The gang dines and dashes at Elzar’s
Want to celebrate Christmas like Bender?