If you enjoyed The Haunting of Hill House, you’ll love its sequel, The Haunting of Bly Manor. This show follows Dani, a new nanny to two young orphans who have just tragically and mysteriously lost their previous nanny. The manor is full of secrets, as are the people who live in it. Grab a drink, get ready for some scares, and enjoy the Haunting of Bly Manor drinking game.
The Haunting of Bly Manor Drinking Game Rules
Drink any time…
- There are dolls on screen
- Dani sees they bright-eyed man
- Flora says “perfectly splendid”
- Miles exhibits concerning behavior
- Hannah sees a crack in the wall
- Owen talks about his mom
- The show jumps time periods
- A character screams or jumps
- There’s a jump scare (extra sip if you actually jumped)
Drink 2 sips any time…
- A doll seemingly moves on its own
- Someone mentions the off-limits wing
- There are muddy footprints
- You catch a spooky specter in the background
Haunting of Bly Manor Fun Facts
Just like The Haunting of Hill house, The Haunting of Bly Manor was based off of a novel. This novel, however, was called The Turn of the Screw and was written in 1898 by Henry James.
Hill House and Bly Manor are part of an anthology series, meaning they have a different story and cast in each season. There is some actor overlap, however, between the two. This is similar to the model American Horror Story has established.
In the first episode, Dani stays at a hostel in room 217. This is a nod to the famous room from Stephen King’s novel The Shining.