Mario Kart is a classic that is beloved by gamers and non-gamers alike. For a lot of people, it was a childhood staple, and now, it’s a party staple! There are several ways to drink to Mario Kart, and we’ll outline them all below. No matter what version you play, we’ve got the perfect Mario Kart drinking game.
Mario Kart Drinking Game Rules for Race COurses
Drink any time…
- You get hit by a blue shell (that’s what you get for being the best!)
- You lose 5 places quickly
- You fall to last place
- Someone gets hit by your bob-bomb or lightning strike
- You hit 3 different people with either 3 red shells or 3 green shells
- You fall off a track
- If you get a Bullet Bill, drink throughout the time it’s driving! (it’s fine, you’re not the one driving, after all)
Obviously, both your hands will be occupied with driving. So you can either try to keep track of how many sips you need to take and drink them at the end, or make people drink in real time as the event happens. Your choice.
Beerio Kart Drinking Rues
Every player starts with an unopened beer. You must finish the beer before the race ends, but no drinking and driving! You can drink any time as long as your kart isn’t moving. Some people chug at the beginning, some chug before crossing the final finish line, and some stop to drink throughout the race (or a combo of all of these).
Drinking Rules for Mario Kart Battles
- If you’re playing by yourself, try to count up the number of coins you lose throughout the round, and drink that many sips at the end.
- If you’re playing as a group, each player can “give out” as many sips to other players as they had coins in the end. For example, if you ended with 8 coins, you can tell someone to drink 8 sips or tell 2 people to drink 4 each.
- Every time one of your balloons pops, take a sip!
- If you’re playing with friends, give out a sip any time you pop an opponent’s balloon.
Got Everything You Need?
Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit
Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit is a brand new way to play a classic favorite. You play on the switch, while controlling an actual kart navigates that a course throughout your house. Never thought we’d see something like this, but we gotta admit it’s pretty cool!
Steering Wheels for Switch Controllers
Mario Kart 8 Delux for the Switch
Be sure to check out our other video game drinking games!