Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is a hilarious comedy brought to us by Tina Fey, the creator of 30 Rock. Four women (dubbed the “Indiana Mole Women”) are rescued from a doomsday cult after being kept in a bunker by a crazy “reverend” for many years. This is one of those feel-good shows that is perfect for watching any time! Plus, it’s got the catchiest theme song we’ve ever heard. So grab a drink and enjoy this Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt drinking game!
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Drinking Game Rules
Drink 1 sip any time…
- Kimmy references the bunker or Reverend Richard Wayne Gary Wayne
- Something modern confuses Kimmy
- Kimmy tries to make a pop culture reference
- Kimmy replaces a curse word with something innocent
- Titus breaks out in song
- Titus has a witty nickname for someone
- Titus’s Mississippi past is referenced
- Lillian says something sketchy or conspiracy-fueled
- Jacqueline says something snobby
- Mimi says something depressing
- Xan is one-upped by Kimmy
Drink 2 sips any time…
- Kimmy pumps someone up with an encouraging speech
- There’s a funny but very real commentary on life
- Jacqueline helps someone
- There’s a joke about Dong’s name
- One of the other Mole Women make a surprise appearance in Kimmy’s life in New York
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Fun Facts
- Jacqueline’s stepdaughter, Xanthippe Lannister Voorhees, has a very apt name. Xanthippe was the wife of Socrates and is remembered as irritable. Socrates himself said, “I know full well, if I can tolerate her spirit, I can with ease attach myself to every human being else.” Lannister is the name of the deceitful and conniving family in Game of Thrones. And Voorhees was the last name of the killer in Friday the 13th. So it seems Xan was destined to be difficult from the very beginning!
- Jon Hamm (who played the Reverend) actually used to teach high school drama – where one of his students was Ellie Kemper (Kimmy).
- Jane Krakowski (Jacqueline) starred with Tina Fey (the show’s creator) in 30 Rock. Apparently the part of Jacqueline was written with her in mind. Additionally, the Jacqueline’s dog was the same dog she had when she played Jenna on 30 Rock.
- Titus’s big dream is to one day be on Broadway. The real life actor, Tituss Burgess, has starred on Broadway! So has Titus’s fictional arch-rival, Coriolanus Burt.
- Jeff Richmond, Tina Fey’s husband, composed all the music for Kimmy Schmidt. (He also composed the music for 30 Rock and Mean Girls, also created by Tina Fey.)
Be sure to explore the full list of TV show drinking games!