Grey’s Anatomy has been on air for a whopping 15 years and 17 seasons. This medical drama (and yes, there’s a LOT of drama!) has a cult-like following all over the world. Somehow Shonda Rhimes has managed to create a story and a cast of characters that we’ve all become attached to. So no matter what season you’re on (or how many times you’ve watched it!) grab a drink, grab your person, and enjoy this Grey’s Anatomy drinking game.
If you’re really feelin’ the Grey’s spirit, grab yourself some tequila – we all know it’s Meredith’s favorite!
Get cozy with Grey’s Anatomy sweatshirts
Grey’s Anatomy Drinking Game Rules
Take a sip any time a doctor…
- Says “BP’s dropping,” “crash cart,” “he/she’s coding,” “you can close,” “push 1 of epi,” or “hang a unit of blood”
- Gets any bodily fluid sprayed on them
- Hooks up with someone in a closet or on-call room
- Gets in an argument with another doctor
- Checks their pager
- Has an awkward elevator moment
- Purposely stops the elevator
- Has a drink at Joe’s
- Mentions addiction
- Gets punched
- Mentions Ellis Grey
- Goes on a rant
- Mentions having kids
Take a sip any time a patient…
- Spills their life story for no reason
- Says something that makes a doctor have an epiphany
- Gives birth
- Has a seizure
- Has a foreign object in their body (bonus sip if it’s in their butt)
Take a shot or finish your drink any time…
- Someone witnesses a tragedy on the way to work
- A doctor dies, or almost dies
- Someone calls someone else “my person”
- You hear the song “Somewhere Only We Know” start to play… because you know what’s about to happen
Here’s a bit of a morbid one: whenever a patient is going in for surgery, take a guess at whether they’ll make it out alive or not. If you’re wrong, it’s a shot.
If you’re in the mood for more, check out our full list of TV show drinking games!