Titanic is one of those classic, heart-wrenching movies that everyone should watch at least once in their life. It’s a fictional story based off of true events, which makes it that much more meaningful. Plus, Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet give an outstanding performance (which Leo should have absolutely won an award for! But he’s finally got his Oscar now, so everything’s fine).
Grab yourself a cocktail (and maybe some tissues) and enjoy this drinking game for the movie Titanic!
Titanic Fun Facts
- The movie’s timing was kept true to real life. In 1912, the collision with the iceberg lasted 37 seconds, which is exactly how long the scene ran in the movie. Additionally, the length of the movie scenes showing the events of the Titanic lasted 2 hours and 40 minutes, the same amount of time it took the ship to sink.
- This was the most expensive movie of the 20th century. Until Titanic, the record was held by Waterworld (produced a few years earlier). The record has since been broken many times, specifically by Marvel and Star Wars movies.
- The in-the-water scenes were filmed in a 350,000 gallon tank. Apparently, the director wouldn’t let anyone out to use the restroom, so all the actors ended up peeing in the pool. Yikes.
- During one of the nights of filming, someone laced the clam chowder everyone ate with the hallucinogen PCP. They never figured out who did it. But can you imagine a room of 80-something people all tripping at the same time. Yikes again.
Titanic Drinking Game Rules
Take a sip any time…
- Jack says Rose
- Rose says Jack
- Jack or Rose talk about their future together
- Anyone says “Titanic”
- Someone is drinking or smoking
- Wealth and poverty are juxtaposed
- Someone mentions that the Titanic is unsinkable
- Someone talks about the Heart of the Ocean
- You notice the iconic Titanic music
As always, drink responsibly! And be sure to check out the full list of movie drinking games.