The Witches (2020) is a remake of the 1990 movie by the same name, which was an adaptation of Roald Dahl’s novel also called The Witches. Now if you’re expecting stereotypical witches with cauldrons, brooms, and pointed hats, you’re in for a treat. Anne Hathaway and her gaggle of witches are not your typical spooks. Grab a drink, and maybe some chocolate, and enjoy The Witches drinking game!
The Witches Drinking Game Rules
Drink 1 sip any time…
- There’s a timely lighting strike
- The grandma calls the son “child”
- The grandma says a funny simile
- A witch sniffs
- Someone talks about a potion
Drink 2 sips any time…
- Someone is transformed
Drink 3 sips when…
- The witches show their true form
Fun Facts about The Witches
- You may have heard the phrase “cold as a witches tit.” Well, turns out it’s true, as the Grand High Witch keeps her potion chilled in her bra 🙂
- The brand of mouse traps used was called Acme, a reference to Looney Toons where many products are made by the fictional Acme corporation. Additionally, scenes from Looney Toons were used as a reference in the animating of the Grand High Witch’s intense sniffs.
- The last time Anne Hathaway and Stanley Tucci worked together was in The Devil Wears Prada.
- There’s a scene in this movie very reminiscent of Ratatouille.