This movie is a modern take on the classic novel Phantom of the Opera. On the night of a big and special movie premier, a rumored Phantom of the Megaplex wreaks havoc on the movie theater staff. And of course, being a Disney movie, the kiddos save the day! If you grew up in the 80s or 90s, you probably remember watching this movie as a kid. Celebrate the nostalgia by playing this Phantom of the Megaplex drinking game!
Phantom of the Megaplex Drinking Game Rules
Drink any time…
- Someone makes a movie reference
- Scary Terri tells a scary story
- Hillary Honey calls someone “honey”
- Question Mark asks a question
- Racy Lacy runs or talks fast
- Movie Mason says something wise
- Someone looks for Shawn
- What happens on the movie screen mirrors what’s happening in real life
- The theater guests are unreasonably unruly
- Someone says “Phantom of the Megaplex”
- You hear the spooky laugh
Finish your drink at the unmasking!
Phantom of the Megaplex Fun Facts
The giant inflatable monster “attacking” the theater was a reference to Godzilla.
When Movie Mason (actor Mickey Rooney) says “there’s no place like home,” this is a nod to The Wizard of Oz, as the main actress Judy Garland was a long-time friend of his.
Movie Mason isn’t just a film connoisseur in the show; the actor, Mickey Rooney, holds the record for longest acting career ever. He acted from 1926 until he passed away in 2014 – a whopping 88 years!