Is it really December if you haven’t watched Elf at least once? This is one of those classic Christmas movies that can (and should) be watched year after year without it getting old. Grab your favorite drink (maple syrup included, of course) and enjoy this Elf drinking game!
Who’s Who in Elf?
- Will Ferrell as Buddy
- Bob Newhart as Papa Elf
- Edward Asner as Santa
- James Caan as Walter
- Mary Steenbergen as Emily
- Zooey Deschanel as Jovie
- Daniel Tay as Michael
- Jon Favreau – Director
Elf Fun Facts
- As you can see, Buddy eats a lot of weird things. In the scene where he’s eating candy on spaghetti, he had to refilm because it legitimately made him sick the first time.
- The apartment building that the family lives in in Elf is the same apartment building from Ghostbusters (1984).
- Buddy’s infamous long soda burp was actually supplied by Maurice LaMarche, a very prolific voice actor (you may know him as The Brain from Pinky and The Brain, or as literally hundreds of different voices from Futurama).
- Emily is basically Buddy’s step-mom in Elf, but in the movie Step Brothers, she plays his actual mom.
- We ALMOST had an Elf 2, but Will Ferrell said “absolutely not” and declined to do it (darn you, Ferrell…)
- Do you remember the old claymation movie Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1964)? The elves’ costumes in Elf were modeled after the elves’ outfits from that movie. That’s also where the inspiration for the claymation animals in Elf came from.
Elf Drinking Game Rules
Drink 1 sip any time…
- Buddy is a bit too big for something at the North Pole
- Buddy misunderstands something
- Papa Elf says something with surprisingly little emotion
- An animated character speaks
- Someone says “elf” or “Santa” (extra sip if it’s Buddy and he’s screaming it)
- Walter say something cynical
- Jovie has RBF
Drink 2 sips any time..
- Someone starts singing
- Christmas Spirit or Christmas Cheer are mentioned
- Someone sticks up for another person