Hi! This page was created for a past World Series. For the 2022 World Series drinking game, go here!
Tuesday, October 20 marks the first game of the 2020 World Series with the Los Angeles Dodgers and the Tampa Bay Rays facing off for what’s sure to be an interesting series. Due to Covid, this baseball season was an abbreviated one, but there’s no doubt the Dodgers and Rays have proven to be talented winning teams. Cheer them on with this World Series drinking game!
Both the Rays and the Dodgers got to a winner-takes-all game 7 in the league championship series – narrowly beating out the Astros and the Braves respectively. With both teams possessing strong offensive and defensive players, we’re ready for this to be an exciting World Series.
How many times have the Dodgers and Rays made it to the World Series?
The Dodgers have made it to the World Series 20 times, with 6 championships. The Rays, on the other hand, are experiencing their 2nd ever World Series appearance, with no championships under their belt. We bet they’re itching for their first win.
Who are the league MVP’s?
The Ray’s Randy Arozarena (say that 3 times fast!) was named the ALCS MVP, and the Dodger’s Corey Seager was named the NLCS MVP. Both players scored an incredible amount of homeruns both in the regular season and the postseason, and will hopefully give us some great plays in the World Series.
Cooperstown Distillery in New York has created a line of Doubleday spirits, in honor of Abner Doubleday, the creator of baseball. Check out their bourbon and vodka housed in a perfect replica of an actual baseball!
World Series Drinking Game Rules
- Before each game starts, predict who’s going to win. If you’re wrong, take a shot or finish your drink! Be sure to predict the winner in the poll below.
- For each run scored, drink the number of sips equal to cumulative runs scored in the game. For example, on the 1st run, drink 1 sip, on the 5th run, drink 5 sips, etc.
- If there’s a 3-2 count, predict whether it will be a hit, a walk, or an out. If you’re wrong, drink.
Drink 1 sip any time…
- Someone strikes out
- Someone gets walked (extra sip if it’s because they got hit)
- Someone bunts
- A ground ball goes right between two outfielders
- A fly ball is caught
Drink 2 sips any time…
- Bases are loaded (then finish your drink if there’s a grand slam!)
- Someone steals a base (extra sip if it’s because Snell threw a wild pitch)
- A pitcher gets switched out and is big mad about it
- An inning goes by with no base hits
- A bat breaks
Chug any time…
- Margot or Arozarena hit a home run for the Rays
- Betts or Seager hit a home run for the Dodgers
Drink any time the announcers…
- Mention the new Globe Life stadium
- Talk about Arozarena or Seager being MVP
- Mention the Astros or the Braves
- Bring up cheating scandals
Who Will Win the 2020 World Series?
We’ll leave this poll open for the first few games so people can predict who they think will win the championship. Vote now and see how others have voted!