Settlers of Catan is a complex board game that requires cunning, diplomacy, a little bit of luck, and a lot of beer! Below are rules for the basic Catan game, as well as the Cities & Knights expansion pack. Grab your pals and your favorite drink, and enjoy this Settlers of Catan drinking game.
Settlers of Catan Drinking Rules
Drink any time…
- Someone rolls a 7
- You roll a 2 or 12
- You build a road, settlement, or city
- The robber is moved to one of your tiles
- You make a trade with another payer
- Finish half your drink if you’re forced to discard half your deck when the robber comes.
- If you trade resources with the bank or use a port, there’s an extra charge of taking a drink.
- Anytime you take the longest road, you can make someone take a shot or finish their drink.
- Once per game, you can take a shot to move the robber off your tile.
Catan Cities and Knights Extra Drinking Rules
Drink any time…
- The barbarians are rolled
- You activate a knight
- Someone uses a progress card to steal from you
- You use a commodity to flip the progress book
Finish your drink if…
- The barbarians strike and a city is lost
- Someone gets a metropolis
As always, drink responsibly and have plenty of water! For more fun drinking games to go with board games, check out the full list here.
By the way, did you know there are a bunch of fun Catan expansion packs and spinoff games? Check some of them out!
Build, defend, and rise above your brothers to become the new Lord Commander!
Settlers of Catan meets Star Trek in this fun crossover board game. Build, trade and settle where no one has gone before!
Comments are closed.