When choosing a cocktail shaker, you can go with glass, metal, or plastic. They’ve all got their pros and cons. For example, metal gets your cocktail colder faster, while glass is stylish and less likely to get stuck than metal. Different styles work for different people, but we know there are a whole lot of people out there who could benefit from a plastic cocktail shaker! Unless you’re throwing a fancy party and need to be très chic, check out some of the benefits of using a plastic shaker as well as some of the best plastic cocktail shakers out there.
Benefits of a Plastic Cocktail Shaker
- They won’t break! Even on your rowdiest night, no amount of dropping a plastic cocktail shaker will cause it to break.
- They’re easy to open. You won’t have the problem that some metal cocktail shakers have, where the cold causes the metal to contract, making it almost impossible to open.
- They’re transparent. Being able to see through your cocktail shaker lets you know exactly how much you’re pouring.
- They’re lightweight. If you’re taking your shaker on-the-go to a party or elsewhere, a plastic one will add almost no weight to your bag.
- You won’t end up with a frozen hand. The metal in traditional cocktail shakers gets incredibly cold when you are shaking ingredients with ice. Not a problem with plastic.
- They’re less noisy when shaking. You know the deafening sound of using a metal or glass shaker full of ice? Well, if you don’t love that, you’ll probably enjoy having a plastic shaker.
If you’re not sold on using a plastic cocktail shaker yet, check out some great glass options here. We’ve got to admit they’re a little classier than plastic.
Best Plastic Cocktail Shakers
1. Plastic Shaker With Handy Measurements and Recipes
This 16 ounce plastic cocktail shaker comes with measurement marks as well as common recipes printed right on the bottle (that’s our favorite part!). If you want to make a Long Island Iced Tea, it’ll walk you through making one with lines indicating how much of each ingredient to pour. It’s almost too easy! This shaker is also leak-proof and easy to open. It’s probably the best plastic cocktail shaker for the cost.
2. The Shaker that Comes with Everything
This cocktail shaker is incredibly versatile. It holds 18 ounces, has markings for accurate pouring, and comes with a built-in strainer, citrus reamer, and bottle opener (it’s on the bottom). Other than perhaps a citrus knife to cut open your limes, this shaker comes with virtually every tool you need to make a delicious cocktail!
3. Self-Mixing Plastic Shaker
This magic cocktail mixer doesn’t even need shaking. Just add all your ingredients, press the big button on top, and the spinner will mix your drink for you. It’s like a little cocktail whirlpool. With a 20 ounce capacity, this is one of the larger plastic cocktail shakers.
4. A Simple Starter Shaker
This shaker may look a little more stylish than some of the others, but it’s still made of good ol’ durable plastic. It doesn’t come with all the features of the shakers above, but at this price, it’s a good “starter” cocktail shaker.
Okay, so you’ve made the perfect drink in your plastic shaker, but do you have everything you need to complete the experience?
Insulated Gel-Freezing Tumblers
These tumblers are great – you can keep them in the fridge or freezer so that they’re pre-chilled to keep your drink at the perfect temperature. It’s got a silicon grip so you can keep your hand warm while your drink is cold.
Set of Liquor Pourers
You’ll look like a pro using these to pour liquor into your shaker. They’ll help you get just the right amount for each recipe (although, nobody ever complained about a heavy hand).
Help people tell their drinks apart
These hilarious drink markers can help everyone make sure they’ve got the right drink. You only have to remember if you had Brad, Mitch, or Josh hanging on your glass!
See also: Best Cocktail Shakers That Don’t Get Stuck
Comments are closed.